Building Relationships and Creating Supportive Environments
Some Starters for Giving Positive Feedback and Encouragement
- You do a dynamite job of
- "You have really learned how to
- You must feel proud of yourself for
- Excellent idea for
- Youve done a wonderful job at
- See how _______has improved in
- You have worked so hard
- Look how well s/he did at
- Thats a resourceful way of
- WOW!! What a fabulous job youve done of
- Thats a cool way to
- Im so appreciative that you
- It really pleases me when you
- Youve really grown up because you
- You are a real problem solver for
- Brilliant thinking for
- Give me an EXTRA HUGE high five for
- Class, I have an announcement! Lets all give a hip, hip hooray to _____ for _____
- I really appreciate the way all of you have your eye on the story and are listening so carefully.
Its like you have eye-ball glue!!!
Your favorites here
This material was developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning with federal funds from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families (Cooperative Agreement N. PHS 90YD0119). The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial projects, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. You may reproduce this material for training and information purposes.
We welcome your feedback on this Training Module. Please go to the CSEFEL Web site (http://csefel.uiuc.edu) or call us at (217) 333-4123 to offer suggestions.