1. Review process with family using question and answer sheet on PBS.
2. Ask family to provide observation information.
3. Interview family in Functional Assessment process.
4. Identify problem behavior situations/functions that are similar across home and child care.
5. Share hypotheses and draft support plan with family; encourage their support and ideas.
6. Develop a simple plan for home implementation.
7. Provide family with success stories.
8. Encourage families and praise them for their efforts and progress.
We welcome your feedback on this Training Module. Please go to the CSEFEL Web site (http://csefel.uiuc.edu) or call us at (217) 333-4123 to offer suggestions.